1. They show up ready to network. It doesn't really matter if you are
networking online or face to face, you have to show up.
2. They realize the importance of being interested over being
interesting. Networking isn't only about whats in it for me, it about what
can I do for you and most importantly what we can do together.
3. They ask good questions. The reality is you dont really get to
know about people until you start asking them questions about them.
4. They have excellent listening skills. Listening is vital to any
conversation, but in networking if you aren't listening to the person
to whom you are speaking, you will not be able to help them.
5. They are interested in helping others. Without a healthy interest
in the well being of others, networking will be a total waste of your
6. They know that in order to receive, they have to give. Theres an
old maxim in networking, "givers get". Its fascinating to see how
both your network and the universe go out of the way to make sure that
those who give also get to receive.
7. They have an excellent memory (or at the very least a solid
database). If you are an active networker, you will meet lots of
people. You need to keep track of who needs what and who can address
8. They make connections. They take the time to properly introduce
the folks they know to the people they need to meet.
9. They stay visible to their network. Whether its following up with
a person they just met or maintaining a regular level of communication
with those they already know, they make sure their network hears from
10. They do what they said they would do. Good networkers know their
reputation is very valuable so they treat it as such. They show up
when they say they will and make the calls at the right time too.
Thanks for reading these. What you add??